Start your online English courses now and switch to on-campus classes when COVID restrictions are lifted.
INTERLINK at Seattle Pacific University (SPU) is located in Seattle, Washington, USA. Seattle Pacific University is a small, private university located in a safe residential neighborhood, just a few minutes north of downtown Seattle.
INTERLINK SPU students spend 20 hours a week in intensive English language courses. Optional elective classes and tutoring also available. Sessions are 5 weeks long. Students may choose to live with a host family or in off-campus apartments.
Seattle is located in the beautiful Pacific Northwest with views of mountains and water in every direction. The city is at sea level and therefore enjoys a mild climate. Seattle is famous for its high-tech industries, music scene, coffee shops, and shopping districts. Seattle was ranked the most educated city in the United States in 2006, and is also home to famous companies such as Microsoft, Boeing, Amazon and Starbucks. Seattle also has a good public transportation system, so it’s easy to get around.
Our mission is to provide students with the language skills, cultural knowledge and experience they need to use English to effectively communicate in academia and the workplace and to provide opportunities for personal growth.
On-Campus Intensive English Programs Include:
- 6-level curriculum in preparation for university/college admission
- Study of reading, writing, speaking, and listening
- 20 hours of intensive English classes per week
- Additional time each week for orientation and advising for new students
- Weekly social activities and trips
- Internet and computer access
- Access to library, health center, gym, and other campus facilities
- Host family, campus dorm, apartment, and hostel housing options
- As a Level 6 student, you will attend a graded university class, followed by a review with an instructor.
- Receive individualized attention from expert instructors.
- Practice your conversational English skills with an American partner through the Language and Culture Partners Program.
- Individual tutors can help enrich your language learning through private one-on-one sessions.
Academically qualified students enjoy the convenience of receiving conditional admission prior to starting their language program at INTERLINK.
Dates and Fees
Dates (5-week online terms)
Fees (for 5-week session, unless otherwise noted)
|Express Mailing Fee||$65|
|Student Services Fee**||$150|
|Housing Estimate||$900 - $1500|
|TOTALS||$2,950 - $3,550|
Above fees do not include books (approximately $50-$150/term), personal expenses, meals, transportation, or expenses for dependents (about $500/month each). Please contact the institute if you have any questions.
Full-time Tuition includes two courses: “Listening, Communication & Grammar” and “Reading, Writing & Grammar”. Private tutoring is available for an additional $750 per session (5 hours/week).
**Student Services fee includes campus-based services.
All students are required to have valid health insurance. Students studying full-time on an INTERLINK I-20 must purchase health insurance through INTERLINK. Fees listed above cover the student during the 5-week session. Students who study during the last session of the year will be charged an additional fee for coverage during the Winter break. View our health insurance plan here. (Exceptions will be made for students who have a scholarship with their government and can provide a valid Financial Guarantee.) Students who are not studying on an INTERLINK I-20 are not eligible for INTERLINK insurance, but should provide proof of their own insurance upon arrival.
Housing fees vary depending on choice of homestay, hostel, or private/shared apartment. SPU dormitory may be available in June, July and August, but cannot be guaranteed. Fee will be set when and if dormitory is available. Meals are often included with homestays. If staying in hostel or apartment, please budget additional funds for meals.
Homestay – Homestays can help you practice speaking English in your living environment. The length of time can be flexible and costs are often most reasonable. You can choose from several experienced homestay providers in the Seattle area:
- Intercultural Homestays & Services ( information | application )
Apply at least 60 days before arrival.
- American Homestay Network ( information | application )
Apply at least 6-8 weeks before arrival.
- ABODE ( information | application )
Apply at least 30 days before arrival.
- The PLACE Seattle ( information | application )
Apply at least 30 days before arrival.
- USA International, Inc ( information | application )
Apply at least 30 days before arrival.
Apartment – INTERLINK has apartments near them that are safe and convenient. Apartments provide the freedom to live independently, but may involve fixed-time commitment leases. Our staff can assist you in finding resources to find an apartment. One resource is CORT apartment searches and furniture rentals for unfurnished apartments.
Dormitory – SPU Dormitories may be available in June, July and August, but cannot be guaranteed. You can choose to live with one or more other students. Since INTERLINK places you, we can help if you have a problem.
Downtown Student Housing – Student housing in downtown Seattle can be found at Cornish Commons. Private or shared dormitory rooms are available.
Hostel – INTERLINK has a close relationship with the American Hotel in Seattle (www.hiusa.org/seattle), located within a short bus ride from the SPU campus and available year-round.
Seattle Pacific University (SPU)
Seattle Pacific University is a small, private university. It is known for academic excellence and has professors who are renowned scholars. The university was also ranked as one of the top 5 “Best Values” in the West by U.S. News & World Report. The school has an active campus life and students are involved in many sports and clubs. SPU offers conditional admission for undergraduate programs in all departments, as well as graduate programs in the School of Business and Economics.
INTERLINK offers a rigorous curriculum on the university campus that includes in- and out-of-class assignments, such as group discussion, interviews, library research, community involvement, writing projects, and presentations. Upon successful completion of the INTERLINK program, students are able to:
- speak English more fluently
- write effective essays
- understand spoken and written English
- understand different cultures
- apply and improve their critical thinking skills
- conduct research and report findings in English
- engage in group work and in team activities
- use the Internet, email, and computer technology
Sample Class Schedule
Here is a sample of what your class schedule might look like. Actual class times may change.
|Listening, Communication, & Grammar||8:00 - 9:20||8:00 - 10:20||8:00 - 9:20||8:00 - 10:20||8:00 - 9:20|
|Optional Elective||9:30 - 10:20||10:30 - 11:20||9:30 - 10:20||10:30 - 11:20||9:30 - 10:20|
|Reading, Writing, & Grammar||11:00 - 1:20||11:30 - 1:50||11:00 - 1:20||11:30 - 1:50|
Flex Program – available only at INTERLINK at Seattle Pacific University
Students have the option to design their own specialized program to gain the skills they want. The Flex Program includes:
- 10 hours/week in an Intensive English Program Class (Listening, Communication & Grammar OR Reading & Writing).
- 5 hours/week in a conversation group AND 5 hours/week with a personal tutor.
Part-Time and Short-Term Flex Programs are also available.
INTERLINK International Institute at Seattle Pacific University
4 Nickerson Street, Suite 200
Seattle, WA 98109
Tim Healy, Director
Phone. +1 (206) 378-5308
Fax. +1(206) 801-3778